Police appeal for witnesses after teenage motorcyclist injured in Chatteris crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses, following a road accident in Chatteris yesterday afternoon, involving a collision between a motorcycle and a car.
An air ambulance was called to the scene at 4.40pm in Westbourne Road, close to the Fairway junction.
The rider of the Yamaha bike, an 18-year-old man from Chatteris, suffered a head and leg injury. He was taken by land ambulance to Peterborough City Hospital.
A 42-year-old woman from Chatteris was driving the red Ford Fiesta car involved. She suffered minor injuries.
The Magpas team who attended the accident assessed the teenage motorcyclist and gave him antibiotics, before accompanying him in a land ambulance to hospital. His condition is reported as serious but stable.
Sergeant Gareth Williams said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.”
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Williams at the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched