Police appeal to find 25 year old man with links to Cambridgeshire wanted on recall for prison for licence breach
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for help in tracing a 25 year-old who is wanted on recall to prison having breached the terms of his licence for burglary offences.
The appeal was originally launched by Norfolk Police but has been extended to Cambridgeshire where he is thought to have connections.
Billy Swaley Smith had been jailed in 2010 at Ipswich Crown Court for burglary – having been summonsed from prison where he was already serving a sentence handed down by Norwich Crown Court for other burglaries.
He had previously been sentenced at Norwich Crown Court in 2005 for seven non-dwelling burglaries and seven thefts of vehicles.
Later he appeared before Cambridge magistrates and was fined for criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He then came before Norwich magistrates for taking a car without consent, aggravated vehicle taking, theft, handling stolen goods, resisting arrest and attempting to burgle.
Smith once absconded from Hollesley Bay open prison in June 2008 before handing himself back in.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
A Cambs police spokesman said: “We are keen to hear from anyone with any information about his whereabouts and ask that they contact officers as soon as possible.
“Anyone with information should call police on 101.”