Police appealing for information about two burglaries

Cambridgeshire Police

Cambridgeshire Police - Credit: Archant

Police are appealing for information about two burglaries in which cash was stolen from peoples homes.

One was an aggravated burglary in which two men demanded money from a male victim and the other was a distraction burglary at the home of an elderly woman.

Both took place on Monday December 2. They are not thought to be linked.

The aggravated burglary took place at a property on Station Road North, in Walpoke Cross Keys, at approximately 10pm.

The male resident of the property was in bed when two males entered and demanded money from him.

One male is thought to have been holding a crow bar.

A large quantity of cash was taken from the property.

Most Read

The offenders are described as wearing balaclavas. They were of average build and wearing dark clothing. The victim was shaken but unhurt.

Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area before or after the incident.

Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact DC Emma Cross at King’s Lynn CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

The distraction burglary occurred in Newgate Street, Doddington, on Monday December 2 at 2.55pm.

During the incident two men tricked their way into the home of an elderly woman and stole £250 from her wallet.

One male knocked on the door of the female victim in her sixties and invited her out of the house pointing to her roof stating it needed repairing.

Whilst engaged in conversation it is believed a second male entered her house.

She went back into her house to be confronted by the intruder, who she challenged, and he subsequently made off.

She then realised £250 cash was missing from her wallet located in the kitchen.

Both were white males with an Irish accent. She remembers seeing a white vehicle parked in a nearby lay-by.

Cambridgeshire Police are asking the public to be extra vigilant leading up to Christmas and to report any suspicious activity to them by calling 101.