Police arrest 19-year-old after fatal collision on A142
- Credit: Archant
A 19-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a motorcyclist was killed in a collision near Soham on Sunday.
The collision took place at about 11.25am at the Northfield Road junction, with a black Fiat Punto colliding with a Honda 125.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 60s from Fordham, was declared dead at the scene. The driver of the car, a 19-year-old from St Neots, suffered minor injuries and was later arrested by police and bailed to appear later at Parkside police station in Cambridge on September 12.
Two passengers in the car, a 21-year-old man and a 22-year-old man, were uninjured.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “A member of the public was attempting to resuscitate a severely injured man when the emergency services arrived.
You may also want to watch:
“The Magpas team provided the patient with advanced life support, whilst working alongside an ambulance crew. Sadly, despite all their best efforts, the patient was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Cambridgeshire police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to contact Pc James Thorne at the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash