Police arrest 30 motorists on suspicion of drink driving
- Credit: Archant
THIRTY motorists have been arrested on suspicion of drink driving in Cambridgeshire this month, following the launch of the police’s summer campaign.
Two of the arrests resulted from calls to the confidential number: 0800 032 0845.
Since June 1, at least 1387 motorists have been stopped as part of the crackdown, which runs until July 1.
Where there is suspicion, drivers have been breath tested and asked to carry out a field impairment test to check whether they are under the influence of drugs. Inspector Mark Rogers said: “On average three drink drivers have been arrested a day since the campaign began.
“This is an unacceptable number and we will continue to target those who are putting themselves and others at risk by driving under the influence.
You may also want to watch:
“It is encouraging to see two arrests resulting from the confidential number as the support and involvement of local communities is essential to tackling this issue.
“People may not feel comfortable reporting drink drivers so the confidential line is available to allow people to do this without having to leave their details. I would encourage everybody to help us in taking these dangerous people off the roads.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March