Police blitz yields great results
POLICE officers in central division have executed over 140 warrants and made more than 60 arrests in a year long blitz against crime in the area. The action follows the force-wide campaign launched a year ago, which has seen warrants executed across Hunti
POLICE officers in central division have executed over 140 warrants and made more than 60 arrests in a year long blitz against crime in the area.
The action follows the force-wide campaign launched a year ago, which has seen warrants executed across Huntingdonshire and Fenland.
During the year officers have seized a substantial quantity of drugs, including 467 cannabis plants, as well as stolen goods and firearms.
Detective Inspector Ian Simmons said: "We have had some great results from warrants which has resulted in large amounts of drugs, which would have ended up on the streets, being seized.
You may also want to watch:
"This blitz has resulted in 62 people being arrested for various offences from the supply of class A drugs, to deception."
Detective Inspector Simmons added: "Without good information we would not be able to carry out these warrants.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
"It is therefore vital that the public continue to call in with any information they may have in relation to criminal activity in their neighbourhood.