Police bring together groups to enhance value of multi cultural working and diversity in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A multi-cultural community event was held at Cambridgeshire police headquarters to recognise the work already happening in the county “and reaffirm the importance of cohesion and joint working”.
Around 180 people, including religious leaders, community groups and partner agencies attended the event, where several guest speakers talked about what the community and multiculturalism meant to them.
Assistant chief constable Nav Malik, who organised the event, said: “This was a great opportunity for us to bring together different people across the whole of Cambridgeshire to highlight the network of people and organisations we have in the county and to increase our opportunities of working together.
“We asked everyone who attended to make a pledge on behalf of themselves and the organisation they represent, to work together to ‘create a safer Cambridgeshire’, as we seek to address some of the more challenging and complex issues in our community such as terrorism, community cohesion and hate crime.”
Police and Crime Commissioner, Jason Ablewhite said: “I was very proud to be associated with the Constabulary at such an exceptional event and want to thank Assistant Chief Constable Nav Malik for making it happen.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fantastic opportunity to bring communities together and celebrate the rich diversity Cambridgeshire has.”
Mr Malik said: “I am delighted that so many people gave up their time to come to the event and make that commitment to the community they live and work in.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend