Driver stopped in Wisbech after police smelt cannabis coming from his car
- Credit: Archant
A drug driver has been arrested in Wisbech after police officers smelt cannabis coming from his car.
Officers on patrol stopped a vehicle on Waterlees Road in Wisbech and after road side tests found the motorist was driving with cannabis in his system.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: ”There was a smell of cannabis coming from the vehicle.
“The officer carried out a road side DrugWipe (TM) to which it came back positive for cannabis.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened on Wednesday night, November 21.
Enquires are ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, quoting incident 462 of November 21, 2018.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government