Police car is rammed as suspected thieves lead officers on chase through villages
- Credit: Archant
A police car was rammed as a pair of suspected thieves fled from police on Thursday night.
The incident took place at about 7.15pm after officers attempted to stop a silver Vauxhall Omega.
Officers stopped the car as it contained two people suspected of being involved in the theft of fuel from an industrial unit in Littleport.
Sgt Will Davis said: “We pursued the vehicle into Little Downham where it was lost. The vehicle was a silver Vauxhall Omega. No registration known at this time.”
Sgt Davis said the officer involved was not injured during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was later discovered abandoned in School Lane, Pymoor. Several containers of fuel were inside.
An area search was carried out however the offenders have not yet been traced.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Anyone with information is advised to contact police on 101 quoting incident CC-20022014-0503.