Cambridgeshire road cops have ‘busy night’ after three police chases – including one in March – in one night
- Credit: TWITTER / ROADPOLICINGBCH
Road policing cops had a busy night last night (January 17) after conducting three pursuits in Cambridgeshire.
The first of the night was in Milton, a stolen vehicle rammed a police car and sped off. Police said the car “tried to brake test us”.
While the driver was trying to antagonise the pursuing officers, they lost control and ended up in a nearby ditch.
Three occupants were detained for theft of a motor vehicle – a machete knife was also found inside the vehicle.
The next chase saw police conduct a cross-border pursuit between Suffolk and Cambridgeshire – it ended with a spike strip to the wheels.
You may also want to watch:
Officers blocked the car in with two pursuit BMW vehicles and arrested the driver for a number of offences, including drug driving.
The final pursuit took place in March, a white Ford Transit van failed to stop and cops conducted a “lengthy pursuit” through the town.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
The driver was eventually stopped and was arrested for drug driving and dangerous driving with the help of local police.