Police confirm dismissal of former Chatteris officer following two day disciplinary hearing
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER Chatteris police officer has been sacked for gross misconduct.
A brief statement from Cambridgeshire police this week confirmed that Pc Andy Rudd – previously known as Pc Andy Harcup-Rudd – had been dismissed.
At the same time was it was confirmed that Pc Rudd will appeal the decision.
James Wade, of Cambs police professional standards, gave more details of the dismissal in a letter to Chatteris businessman Viv Salisbury.
“Pc Rudd was the subject of a disciplinary hearing before a panel, chaired by the Assistant Chief Constable, on June 13 and 14,” he wrote.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of discipline issues were found proved and the officer was dismissed from service.”
Mr Salisbury had been contacted by officers over another issue that may have involved Pc Rudd.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The letter from Mr Wade confirmed the former policeman had been questioned about the incident but subsequently cleared.