Police confirm they are hunting a rapist after a woman in her 30’s is attacked in a March park
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a serious sexual assault in a March park was rape.
The victim was a woman in her 30’s.
She was attacked in the North Drive park area, also known as Wigstone’s Road park, at around 8.50pm on Sunday (6) evening.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said they were called to reports of a “serious sexual assault” on a woman in the Wigstone’s Road area and confirmed that they are now dealing with the incident as a rape attack.
Police are urging anybody with information to contact them as investigations continue to track down the rapist.
You may also want to watch:
“The investigation is ongoing and anybody with information should call 101,” a police spokesman said.
An area measuring about 50 metres, that stretched from the Wigstone’s Road bridge along a pathway in the park towards the BMX track, was cordoned off at about midnight and remained under surveillance by a police officer.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire