Human bones found near pathway in cemetery as Chatteris Parish Church is sealed off
- Credit: Archant
Human bones have been found near a pathway in the cemetery of Chatteris Parish Church.
Officers were called at 7.30pm yesterday (August 20) to the scene at the Church of St Paul and St Peter in Market Hill.
The entrance to the car park on Church Lane is still sealed off this morning.
A police spokesperson said: “We were called to reports that bones had been found near a pathway in the cemetery of the Church of St Paul and St Peter.
“Scenes of crime officers have attended the location. The bones have been identified as human and tests are being carried out to establish their age.”
You may also want to watch:
This morning, an eyewitness said:” The front church car park is full of cars and not a lot of room on High Street and the entrance down Church Lane is sealed off.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol