Police discover body of missing 84-year-old man John Hadley
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for missing 84-year-old John Hadley have discovered a body.
Officers located the body in Houghton on Sunday evening.
Mr Hadley went missing from Wyton after taking his dog for a walk on Hemingford Meadow at around 9.30am on Sunday morning.
His donkey jacket and dog were found in the afternoon.
A police spokesman said: “Formal identification is yet to take place, however, the body is sadly believed to be that of 84-year-old John, who was reported missing to police yesterday morning.”
The death is being treated as non-suspicious and will be passed to the coroner.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday