Cambridgeshire police dogs to star in ‘crime-fighting canine’ charity calendar
- Credit: Archant
Some of Cambridgeshire police’s dogs are to star in a collaborative charity calendar alongside the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire police dog unit.
The crime-fighting canines from the BCH Dog Unit have swapped out police chases for a professional photo shoot by dog photographer Katrina Wilson.
PC Lindsey Cox, from the BCH Dog Unit and who handles police dog Harley, said: “We’re hoping this is going to be a fun way of raising money for two deserving animal charities.
“The support we receive from the public has always been overwhelming, and we’d be incredibly grateful if this could extend to our aim of raising money for the rescue centres.
“As there is a limited number of calendars we are asking for a minimum donation of £8 per calendar, and any larger donations will obviously be received with our sincere thanks.”
You may also want to watch:
The funds raised will be split between German Shepherd Rescue Elite and Luna Animal Rescue.
Anyone wishing to support the unit’s fundraising by pre-ordering a calendar is asked to make their donation via PayPal at www.paypal.me/bchdogunit.
Alternatively the calendars can be collected from one of the three forces’ headquarters in Kempston (Bedfordshire HQ), Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire HQ) or Welwyn Garden City (Hertfordshire).
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
If you’d prefer to collect your calendar, you should leave a note when making payment via PayPal.