Arsonists drive car into stack of straw and set it ablaze near to Mepal Outdoor Centre just off the A142
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists drove a car into a stack of straw and then set it on fire near to Mepal Outdoor Centre just off of the A142 yesterday afternoon.
A police spokesman posted on the Facebook page Policing East Cambridgeshire: “We received a call to attend this straw stack fire at 4.45pm on Monday (September 25). It is located just off the A142 near to Mepal Outdoor Centre.
“It appears to be a deliberate ignition following a small car being driven into the stack and set on fire.
“Were you in the area at the time? Did you see anything that may assist our investigation?
“If you have any information then we would be keen to hear from you on 101.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service for their ongoing work in relation to this incident.”
One person said on social media last night: “I drove past this on my way home tonight but it was well alight when I went past.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Another person said this morning: “Still burning at 7am.”