Police hunt car after red diesel is stolen from Fenland farm
POLICE want to trace a car seen near a Fenland farm where red diesel was siphoned from a tank.
A white hatchback, possibly a Peugeot 106, was spotted driving around the entrance of a farm in Benwick Road, Doddington, between 12.30am and 1am on Tuesday.
It was later discovered that red diesel had been stolen from a tank on the site.
PCSO Sally Mitchell, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw this vehicle in the area on the night the theft happened to call police.
“I’m also keen to speak to anyone with information about the theft or attempted re-sale of red diesel.”
Anyone with any information should call PCSO Mitchell on 101 or Crimestoppers, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend