Police hunt hit-and-run driver after pedestrian, 31, seriously injured in Wisbech crash
POLICE are this morning hunting a driver who failed to stop after a collision which left a pedestrian with serious injuries in Wisbech yesterday.
The A1101 was closed in both directions at the North End junction after the crash, which happened at about 5.45pm close to Asda.
A 31-year-old male pedestrian suffered serious but not life threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
A police spokesman said: “The vehicle didn’t stop and we are trying to trace the car involved. We have spoken to the pedestrian in hospital to try and find out what happened.
“Early descriptions suggest the car involved is a small dark vehicle, possibly a Vauxhall Astra.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information about the incident should call Cambridgeshire Police on 101.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle