Police identify 29-year-old man killed in collision on Cambs/Norfolk border
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man who died at the scene of a collision which blocked a main road through the Fens for four hours on Saturday has been identified.
Daniel Moden, of Main Street, Welney, received treatment from Magpas air ambulance paramedics but suffered a “traumatic cardiac arrest” and died at the scene.
The collision involved a tractor and two vehicles on the A1101 between Littleport and Welney.
A Magpas spokesman said: “Our team provided advanced life support for the patient, whilst working alongside ambulance and fire and rescue crews. Sadly, despite all their best efforts, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions between the A10 at Littleport and the B110 junction near Welney.
The accident happened just before 11.30am on the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk borders and officers from both forces attended.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We would ask anyone with information about the incident to contact Sgt Gareth Williams at the collision investigation unit on 101.”