Police identify motorist killed in two-vehicle collision in Fens as 18-year-old man
POLICE have today identified a teenager who was killed in a two-vehicle crash in the Fens.
The collision took place on Monday morning along the A10 at Downham Market.
At about 7.35am, near to the junction with the B1507 in Wimbotsham, a blue Renault Megane people carrier heading towards King’s Lynn was in collision with a red Renault Traffic van which was travelling in the opposite direction.
Sam Cotterell, aged 18 and from the Downham Market area, was driving the Megane and died following the collision.
Sam, who worked at Cooper Roller Bearings at King’s Lynn, was a motorcross enthusiast.
The male driver of the Renault Traffic, who had internal injuries, and the male passenger were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn for treatment.
Pc Michael Robertson, of the Serious Collision Investigation Team at, would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
CONTACT: 0845 456 4567.