Police identify motorist killed in two-vehicle collision in Fens as 18-year-old man
POLICE have today identified a teenager who was killed in a two-vehicle crash in the Fens.
The collision took place on Monday morning along the A10 at Downham Market.
At about 7.35am, near to the junction with the B1507 in Wimbotsham, a blue Renault Megane people carrier heading towards King’s Lynn was in collision with a red Renault Traffic van which was travelling in the opposite direction.
Sam Cotterell, aged 18 and from the Downham Market area, was driving the Megane and died following the collision.
Sam, who worked at Cooper Roller Bearings at King’s Lynn, was a motorcross enthusiast.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Renault Traffic, who had internal injuries, and the male passenger were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn for treatment.
Pc Michael Robertson, of the Serious Collision Investigation Team at, would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
CONTACT: 0845 456 4567.