Police identify motorist killed in two-vehicle collision in Fens as 18-year-old man
POLICE have today identified a teenager who was killed in a two-vehicle crash in the Fens.
The collision took place on Monday morning along the A10 at Downham Market.
At about 7.35am, near to the junction with the B1507 in Wimbotsham, a blue Renault Megane people carrier heading towards King’s Lynn was in collision with a red Renault Traffic van which was travelling in the opposite direction.
Sam Cotterell, aged 18 and from the Downham Market area, was driving the Megane and died following the collision.
Sam, who worked at Cooper Roller Bearings at King’s Lynn, was a motorcross enthusiast.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Renault Traffic, who had internal injuries, and the male passenger were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn for treatment.
Pc Michael Robertson, of the Serious Collision Investigation Team at, would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
CONTACT: 0845 456 4567.