Do you know this man? Police are searching for a man in connection with a ‘sexually motivated’ incident on New Year’s Day in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Police would like to speak to a man in connection with a ‘sexually motivated’ incident in Cambridge on New Years Day.
CCTV footage has been released of the man and police ask that you watch the video carefully to see if you can identify the man.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, was approached from behind and assaulted.
A struggle took place, in which the victim bit the offender, before members of the public intervened and scared the man off.
The assault, which is believed to be sexually motivated, happened at about 3am in Milton’s Walk close to Christ’s Pieces.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Lucy Bright said: “The victim is extremely distraught by what happened and I’d appeal to anyone who recognises the man in this footage to contact us as a matter of urgency.
“We’d also like to speak to anyone who saw him in the area.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
“The man responsible for the attack may have an injury to his hand that is likely to have taken some time to heal.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0000450118 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.