Police investigating Chatteris crash which left 85-year-old with serious injuries
POLICE are investigating a serious collision in Chatteris yesterday, which saw an 85-year-old man cut out of his car by firefighters.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened at around 11.15am at the junction between the A142 and Wenny Road, near the cricket ground.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to free the 85-year-old driver from his Ford Focus after it collided with a DAF CF tractor unit. Road blocks were put in place while the two vehicles were recovered.
The man was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital where his injuries were described as serious but not life threatening.
PC Theron Pearman, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle prior to the collision to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Pearman on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault