Police investigating fatal road crash call on van driver who helped at scene to come forward
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a single vehicle road traffic collision on the Cambridgeshire/Suffolk border are asking for a man called Adam who assisted paramedics at the scene to come forward.
Police were called to the collision along the Undley Road, Beck Row Common, Lakenheath at around 5.45am, Saturday, October 19.
A blue Ford Focus collided with a tree and the 22-year-old passenger, John Joe Scott from Wingfield Road, Lakenheath was sadly pronounced deceased at the scene.
A man called Adam driving a white transit style van stopped at the scene and assisted paramedics.
Unfortunately Adam didn’t leave his details at the scene and police are now keen to trace him as a witness to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Adam or anyone who has information in relation to this collision is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.
The 20-year-old male driver of the car from Cambridgeshire is currently on police bail having been arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol and causing death by dangerous driving. He is due to return to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on 18 December 2013.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car