Police investigating murder of Una Crown in Wisbech encouraged by response to appeal
- Credit: PA
DETECTIVES say they have had an encouraging response from an anniversary appeal in connection with the murder of Wisbech pensioner Una Crown.
Letters appealing for information were posted to every household in Magazine Lane last week, three months on from the murder of the 86-year-old who was discovered in her bungalow on January 13.
She had been stabbed and then set on fire in an apparent effort to disguise her injuries and destroy evidence.
A mobile police station was set up and posters advertising the £10,000 Crimestoppers reward for information were also put up around the area.
Det Insp David Grierson said: “We have been encouraged by the response both from the local community and also further afield.
You may also want to watch:
“We are following up a number of fresh lines of enquiry generated by the appeal. However I would continue to appeal for anyone with information about Mrs Crown’s murder to call police.”
A £10,000 reward is being offered by independent charity Crimestoppers for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the killer.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Anyone with any information should call the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.