Police issue March town centre beggar warning after reports of people being ambushed next to cash machines
- Credit: Archant
People are asked to be vigilant of a beggar who is asking for money next to cash machines in March town centre “for her own personal gain”.
The warning, issued on the Policing March and Chatteris Facebook page, says: “Have you been a victim of begging in or around March town centre recently?
“We have information and one report to suggest a female is asking people for money particularly whilst using cash machines. We believe the female is doing this for her own personal gain.
“If you have friends or relatives who have no access to social media then we would urge you to pass on this awareness message.”
If you have been a victim of this, e-mail police on March.NPT@cambs.pnn.police.uk.
You may also want to watch:
To report an incident which has just occurred, call 101.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review