Police keeping ‘open mind’ on cause of March car fire which left man with severe burns
A MAN suffered severe burns in a car fire in March last night - but the cause of the blaze remains a mystery.
Emergency services were called to Abbeygate Court, near Cassanos, shortly after 9pm after the car burst into flames.
Firefighters arrived to find a man, believed to be about 45, lying on the floor injured and unable to speak.
A police spokesman said: “The man was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital with serious, but not life-threatening injuries, and has since been moved to a burns unit at a hospital in East Grinstead, Sussex.
“We are carrying out a joint investigation with the fire service and are keeping an open mind as to how the fire started.
You may also want to watch:
“Details are still very sketchy and we are keen to speak to the man who was injured.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said paramedics treated the man at the scene for “extensive burns”.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
One fire engine from March attended the incident and extinguished the fire using breathing apparatus and two hose reels.