Police launch appeal following fatal collision in East Cambs village
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision in Ashley, near Cheveley, in which a woman died.
The crash involved three Harley Davidson motorcycles and a red Vauxhall Corsa and happened at just after 4pm on Saturday on the B1063, near All Saints Church.
A woman, who was a passenger on one of the motorcycles, 62-year-old Susan Mary Allen, of Morley Road, Oakwood, Derby, died following the collision.
The rider of the motorcycle, a 62-year-old man from Derby, suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Corsa, a 36-year-old woman from Norwich, suffered slight injuries.
The men riding the other two motorcycles suffered only slight injuries but a 51-year-old woman from Nottinghamshire, who was a passenger on one of them, suffered serious injuries and was taken to West Suffolk Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles involved just prior.
Anyone with information should call PC Ian Masters, at the roads policing unit, on 101.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover