Police launch crackdown on dangerous parking outside Fenland’s schools
- Credit: Archant
A crackdown has been launched on dangerous parking outside Fenland’s schools.
Police issued three parking tickets today outside Thomas Eaton School, Wimblington, for dangerous parking.
A police spokesman said: “Please can parents consider parking safely when taking children to school.
“We are carrying out regular patrols at local schools to improve the safety of children going to school.
“Today three parking tickets have been issued due to the dangerous parking.”
You may also want to watch:
The crackdown has been praised on the Policing March and Chatteris Facebook page, which provides updates on neighbourhood policing.
One poster, Peter Wilding, said: “Good job. I’m sure a lot of these children could walk, they would love it.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Another poster, Jethro Button, added: “Whatever happened to not parking withing 10 metres of a junction?”