Police looking for former Doddington woman Wendy Simms find body
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for missing woman Wendy Simms have found a body in water at Maxey Pits near Peterborough.
Wendy, 52, of South Parade, Peterborough, who used to live in Doddington, was reported missing to police on Monday and a search was launched to find her.
It was the second time she had gone missing in three months - In October she sparked a major search effort by residents in Doddington after she disappeared from her then address in Ancaster Way, Doddington.
She was eventually found by a farm dog in a farm’s conservation area nearly 30 hours after she was last seen.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and has been passed to the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to thank members of the public for their support with the appeal.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire