Police looking to trace woman they wish to speak to in connection with Great Yarmouth murder
- Credit: Archant
Officers investigating the murder of a 38-year-old man in Great Yarmouth have appealed for the public’s help in locating a woman they wish to speak to in connection with the incident.
Paulius Jakovelvas, who had been living in the Great Yarmouth area since August, is believed to have died from severe head injuries.
A man in his late 30s from the Peterborough area was arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday.
He is being questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
Anjelika Bakanovaite, aged 40 and believed to be in the Peterborough area, was last seen leaving the multi occupancy property in Wellesley Road flats at about 7am on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
She is thought to have caught the 7:55am X1 bus from the Market Gates area into Norwich before catching the 11:35am bus to Peterborough.
Detective Inspector Andy Guy, Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, said: “This is a very complicated investigation with numerous ongoing enquiries. Two key elements of the enquiry we are keen to piece together are Mr Jakovelvas’ whereabouts prior to his death and the current location of Anjelika Bakanovaite.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“Our last confirmed sighting of Mr Jakovelvas was at 5:30pm on Friday 8 November evening in Great Yarmouth. We would like to hear from anyone who saw him after that time or has information about it.
“In addition, anyone who has information concerning Anjelika Bakanovaite should contact us immediately on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously.”