Police name pillion passenger who died in a collision on the A141 at Wimblington
- Credit: Policing Fenland on Facebook
A 52-year-old Chatteris woman died in a collision on the A141 at Wimblington on Sunday (August 2).
Emergency services attended the incident but Joanne Constable, of Green Park, died at the scene.
The collision involved a red Kawasaki motorbike and a tractor. It happened at about 10:55am on the A141, Isle of Ely Way, Wimblington.
The driver of the motorcycle, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a serious condition.
Meanwhile, the driver of the tractor, a woman, was not injured and stopped at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe a number of motorists witnessed the incident, but left before police arrived.
Anyone who saw the collision, or the tractor or motorbike in the lead up to it, or has dash cam footage, is urged to contact police via the web-chat or by calling 101 quoting incident number ‘200 of 2 August’.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'