Police name pillion passenger who died in a collision on the A141 at Wimblington
- Credit: Policing Fenland on Facebook
A 52-year-old Chatteris woman died in a collision on the A141 at Wimblington on Sunday (August 2).
Emergency services attended the incident but Joanne Constable, of Green Park, died at the scene.
The collision involved a red Kawasaki motorbike and a tractor. It happened at about 10:55am on the A141, Isle of Ely Way, Wimblington.
The driver of the motorcycle, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a serious condition.
Meanwhile, the driver of the tractor, a woman, was not injured and stopped at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe a number of motorists witnessed the incident, but left before police arrived.
Anyone who saw the collision, or the tractor or motorbike in the lead up to it, or has dash cam footage, is urged to contact police via the web-chat or by calling 101 quoting incident number ‘200 of 2 August’.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government