Police no longer investigating Fenland rape allegation
POLICE have today dropped a Fenland rape investigation and released two men without any further action.
A woman contacted police alleging she was raped during an attack by four men as whe walked her dog through the recreation ground off Station Road, Whittlesey, last Thursday.
A 42-year-old man and a 19-year-old man, both from Peterborough, were arrested on suspicion of rape.
Today, a police spokesman said in a statement: “Police are no longer investigating a rape that was alleged to have happened in a park off Station Road, Whittlesey, on June 16.
“We continue to work with the victim regarding an historical assault allegation that took place outside the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“Two men arrested in connection with the rape allegation will face no further action.”
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations