Police question how teenage cyclist was left lying injured in Fenland road
POLICE are appealing for information after a teenage cyclist was left unable to remember an incident which left him lying in a Fenland road with serious injuries.
The 15-year-old was found lying injured in the B1101 in Coldham, Wisbech, at around 7.20pm on Thursday (October 13).
He was taken to Peterborough City Hospital and has since been released.
The teenager had been riding a bicycle but it is not known how he crashed or whether another vehicle was involved. No one else involved was at the scene when police arrived.
PC Matthew Smart, investigating, said: “We are trying to establish how this collision occurred and, if another vehicle was involved, we would appeal to the driver to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision take place.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Smart at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k