Police release 38-year-old as post mortem reveals Fenland man died of natural causes
A MAN has been released without charge after it was confirmed that a 33-year-old man from Whittlesey died of natural causes.
Police launched an investigation into an “unexplained death” after the man died in Peterborough City Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Officers cordoned off a home in Delph, Whittlesey, and a 38-year-old man was later arrested as part of the probe.
But no further action was taken against the man and a post mortem confirmed that the death was a result of natural causes.
A police spokesman said: “We were called in to investigate the unexplained death of 33-year-old man at Peterborough City Hospital in the early hours of Monday morning.
You may also want to watch:
“A post mortem has concluded that the man died from natural causes and a file has now been passed to the coroner.
“A 38-year-old man arrested as part of our investigation has been released with no further action.”
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 6 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash