Police release details about car which fled the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian in Wisbech
POLICE have released details of a car they wish to trace which did not stop after hitting a pedestrian in Wisbech last Wednesday.
A 31-year-old man was struck by a vehicle, which then left the scene in the direction of Freedom Bridge, at about 5.45pm on January 2 in North End.
He was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries but has since been discharged.
The vehicle was a dark blue metallic Vauxhall Astra, mark 4, 1998-2004.
It would have its driver’s door mirror casing and glass missing.
You may also want to watch:
Police are also keen to trace anyone who was in the area at the time and might have information about what happened.
Anyone with information should contact PC Mick Lippiatt, at the roads policing unit, on 101.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned