Police release image of missing Cambridgeshire mum’s bag as search continues
POLICE investigating the disappearance of a Cambridgeshire mum have released an image of a distinctive bag they want to trace.
Vitalija Baliutaviciene, 29, has not been seen since leaving her Peterborough home at 5.10am on Friday August 12.
She had been due to walk down Lincoln Road to Geneva Street where she was to be picked up for work, however she did not arrive.
It is believed Vitalija was wearing light blue three-quarter length jeans, a blue denim jacket and light plimsoll trainers when she went missing.
Police also believe she may have been carrying an umbrella. Now, officers have released images of a distinctive brightly coloured bag that she carried.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Martin Brunning said: “This is a very distinctive bag which has a brightly coloured butterfly pattern.
“We are very keen to trace the whereabouts of the bag or hear from anyone who believes they may have seen it since Vitalija went missing.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Officers have spent the weekend continuing house-to-house inquiries in the New England and Millfield area of the city and trawling through hours of CCTV footage.
Specialist teams also carried out searches of woodland and wasteland across the city.
Anyone with any information about Vitalija’s disappearance should call Det Insp Brunning on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111