Police release images of man in relation to Tesco March fuel thefts
Five CCTV images released to trace bilkers
IMAGES of a motorist police would like to speak to in relation to a series of fuel thefts at a March petrol station were released this week.
Police say they would like help from the public as part of ongoing investigations into thefts from the forecourt at Tesco’s Hostmoor store.
Pc Tracey Oakes would like to speak to the man on the CCTV images in the hope of tracing those responsible for the incidents of bilking (making off without payment). There have been five thefts since February.
CCTV has been released relating to bilking incidents on the following dates:
You may also want to watch:
• February 19, 2010, 6.10pm.
• March 23, 2010, 7.11pm.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
• April 13, 2010, 8.41pm.
• April 17, 2010, 1.53pm.
• May 1, 2010 at 7.24pm.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary continues to work with the British Oil Security Syndicate (BOSS) and petrol retailers to target bilkers. A guide to assist forecourt staff to reduce the amount of bilking has been distributed to members across the county.
In addition, a pack was issued to participating garages, with the support of BOSS, which includes Forecourt Watch materials as well as providing crime prevention information and the reporting and recording of forecourt crime.