Police reveal Wisbech murder victim had Scorpion tattoo and finger tip missing from previous injury
IDENTIFICATION of the Wisbech murder victim remained unclear tonight but detectives revealed he had a Scorpion tattoo on his upper right arm and a finger tip missing from a previous injury.
Detective Chief Inspector Jim McCrorie said: “We desperately need to identify this man and I would appeal for anyone who thinks they may know him to contact police. “He could be someone’s son, brother, or father so anyone with concerns about a loved one who they haven’t seen since Saturday should contact us.
“This man has been assaulted and suffered injuries we believe have led to his death so I would appeal for anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area of Holmes Park on Saturday night to call police.
Police were called at 9.10pm on Saturday after the discovery was made by a member of the public in Holmes Park.
Circumstances around the man’s death are unclear but he has injuries consistent with an assault.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries to identify the man have so far been unsuccessful and a detailed description has been released by detectives.
He is described as white, 30 to 40, about 5’8”, weighing about 13 stones, with receding and very short dark hair and a moustache.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
He was wearing a dark blue fleece-type top, a grey/blue short sleeved t-shirt, and dark blue Reebok jogging bottoms with a single white stripe running down the outside of the leg.
He was wearing size eight brown leather trainers with two Velcro straps across the bridge of the shoe.
He has a Scorpion tattoo on his upper right arm, two small scars to his right chest area, a scar to the rear of his head and the tip of his little finger on the right hand is missing (all from previous injuries).
“Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could be very important to this inquiry,” said Det Insp McCrorie.
Anyone with information should contact the Operation Creek incident room on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.