Police revisit scene of A47 shooting incident as investigations continue
POLICE have returned to the scene of a shooting incident on the A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn in a bid to trace witnesses.
Officers spent the weekend investigating the incident, which happened on Saturday November 12. A silver Audi A4 left the road shortly before 4am and overturned. Two people travelling in the vehicle suffered minor injuries.
Investigations continue to establish the circumstances of the incident but police have confirmed that a firearm was involved.
A 40-year-old man, from the Wisbech area, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is currently on bail until December 21.
Detective Inspector Jon McAdam said: “Investigations continue to establish the circumstances of this collision and we are still treating it as an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers have spent the weekend doing anniversary checks in the area of the collision as we still believe there are witnesses who we have not yet spoken to.
“I would urge anyone who saw the collision or anything suspicious on the road in the moments leading up to the collision to contact me.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Anyone with information should contact DI McAdam on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Fenland’s busiest road was closed between Wisbech and Guyhirn for more than 10 hours after the incident while forensic officers investigated the scene.