Police say that’s another fine mess you’ve got yourselves in....more than 100 times
POLICE have issued more than 100 fines following the introduction of new parking restrictions on Wisbech Market Place and surrounding area.
Wisbech Town Council and Cambridgeshire County Council put an experimental order in place from the beginning of this month following a history of parking and traffic related problems.
Officers initially gave motorists advice about the new restrictions but then began issuing �30 fixed penalty tickets.
So far, they have issued 105 tickets, while Britannia Parking, which enforces an area in the centre of the Market Place, has issued about 40.
Inspector Robin Sissons said: “We want to ensure that pedestrians using the Market Place can do so in safety and we were aware of complaints from members of the public in the past.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important motorists now realise that they cannot park anywhere but parking bays are available.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody