Appeal to locate car used in ram raid on East Cambs village store
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information to locate a vehicle in connection with a ram raid on an East Cambridgeshire village store today.
Arrests were made this morning following the incident at the Co-op in Mill Street, Isleham, at around 4.35am.
Officers are believed to have swooped on the gang on in Needingworth near to Rock Meadow Kennels.
They now want to locate a dark Audi estate, described as sporty, possibly an ‘RS’ or ‘S’ model, with an index of ‘YM55FHH’, however it is possible the plates may have been changed.
Residents who could have spotted the vehicle in the Huntingdon, Godmanchester or Hinchingbrooke areas are urged to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“An investigation has been launched by detectives the following an attempted ram raid in Cambridgeshire in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday),” said a police spokesman.
“Officers attended the scene, along with the police helicopter, and shortly afterwards three men were arrested.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“They have been taken to police custody for questioning and enquiries are ongoing.”
Anyone with information is asked to report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 335 of April 17 or call 101.