Police seek two people who could provide vital Wisbech sex attack clues
DETECTIVES investigating a serious sexual assault in Wisbech are trying to trace two members of the public who were seen in the area at the time of the incident.
The assault happened in Wisbech Park shortly before 2am on Saturday August 13. The victim, a young woman, was walking through the park in Lynn Road when she was attacked. A man grabbed her before sexually assaulting her.
A young blonde woman and a man were seen close to the Freedom Bridge roundabout near the police station moments before the assault.
Det Insp Lorraine Parker said: “We believe the woman we are trying to trace may have fallen over and the man had come to her aid.
“Both of these people may have seen the offender prior to, or after the attack, and I would urge them to get in touch with police.
You may also want to watch:
“This was a traumatic experience for the victim and I am keen to find out who carried out this attack as soon as possible.
“At this stage we are treating this as an isolated incident, however we would advise people to take the usual personal safety precautions.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
“If you must go out after dark, stick to well-lit and busy areas and let someone know where and when you are expected.”
Anyone with information should contact DI Parker on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.