Police still searching for missing Wisbech man Malcolm Brown
POLICE have confirmed they are still searching for 66-year-old Malcolm Brown, who went missing from his Wisbech home almost three weeks ago.
Malcolm’s wife Annette issued a direct and emotional plea for his return, saying: “I just want you to know that I love you to bits,” but he has still not been found.
Malcolm, commonly known as Mac, left his home in Falklands Drive at about 6.30pm on Tuesday October 23, despite Annette pleading with him to stay in because it was dark.
“I didn’t want him to go as we never go out in the dark,” she said. “However he is a very strong and proud person and he was adamant that he needed to go for his walk. He was very determined and I couldn’t persuade him.”
Police have been looking for Mac ever since his disappearance, and have regularly visited Annette to comfort her and show her maps of where they have searched.
You may also want to watch:
PC Lorna Owen, from Cambridgeshire Police’s missing persons department, said: “We are concerned about Malcolm because his disappearance is out of character.
“He left on foot with little money, no phone or extra clothing for cold weather and has made no contact with family or friends.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Annette added: “It feels as if the house has had its heart ripped out of it. “I just want him to walk back in here and be at home with me.
“I never ever dreamt this would happen. It is so out of character.”
Annette has spent many nights since Mac’s disappearance sitting by the window of their home with the front door open in the hope he will walk back in.
Mac is described as white, 5ft 6in, slim, with light brown receding hair. He was wearing a grey jacket, black jumper and blue trousers.
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 101.