Police swoop two addresses in drugs raid
TEAMS of officers swooped two addresses in the Fens this morning (Wednesday) - a detached £300,000 house and a unit on an industrial estate - in a massive drugs raid. Police are now questioning three suspects, at least two from the same family, following
TEAMS of officers swooped two addresses in the Fens this morning (Wednesday) - a detached £300,000 house and a unit on an industrial estate - in a massive drugs raid.
Police are now questioning three suspects, at least two from the same family, following the raids in Chatteris.
Twenty police, including members of the Cambs Police armed response unit, met for a 9am briefing at Chatteris Police Station before splitting into two groups to mount the raids.
In New Road, Chatteris, police detained two people on suspicion of growing cannabis with intent to supply, and police say they expect to be at the address most of the day.
You may also want to watch:
The second raid was launched on an industrial unit on the Honeysome Industrial Estate off the A141 Huntingdon Road, where the first floor of a warehouse has been sealed off by police. Cannabis plants are thought to have been found on the premises, and one suspect has been detained for questioning.
Cambs Police video experts are now at the scene filming evidence of the plants being grown.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The ground floor of the unit is used as a car workshop, but police were not able at this stage to disclose whether the two enterprises are connected.