Police urge motorists to send in dashcam footage to use as evidence
- Credit: WikiMedia Commons
Police have been seen on social media urging members of the public to submit dash cam footage of illegal drivers which can be used as evidence.
Officers released a statement after a diver was spotted by police using his mobile phone while driving, they received six points and a £200 fine.
“[I was] sitting at traffic lights to pull out of Taverners Road yesterday afternoon, a guy turns into the road with his phone stuck to his right ear,” said a motorist.
“It should be on my dash cam,” they added.
“Feel free to report that via the below link and upload the video!” responded officers who attached a link for road users to upload dash cam footage.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking of the incident, a police spokesperson said: “The driver [was] seen to be tapping away on their mobile phone as they drove past a parked marked police car.
“Vehicle stopped and driver explains they were just quickly changing a song and shows officers their phone.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
“Face ID unlocks the drivers phone just as they show it to the officers and what opens up?
“A freshly sent Whatsapp Message from 1 minute ago!"
To upload footage, visit: www.cambs.police.uk/report/Vehicles