Police urging caravan owners to be vigilant after three thefts reported this month
- Credit: Archant
THREE caravans have been stolen in Fenland this month.
Two were taken in Barton Road, Wisbech St Mary, on Friday, and one was stolen in Black Drove, Murrow, Wisbech, between April 6 and April 10.
Police are urging people to be vigilant and take extra security measures to protect their caravans.
Crime Reduction Officer Julie Hanrahan said: “With the nice weather approaching, I’d urge caravan owners to check they have the correct security measures in place.
“We have had a few thefts in the area in the past few weeks and there are ways of preventing them happening in future.”
You may also want to watch:
To reduce the risk of becoming a victim you should immobilise your caravan, install a tracking device, fit an alarm and mark all property.
It is advised to use hitch locks, heavy-duty chains, good quality padlocks with a short shackle and locking wheel nuts and wheel clamps.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
You should take all valuable items with you when you leave the caravan and if using a caravan park or storage area look for one that has obtained a police “Secured by design” award.