Police want to trace driver who fled scene of Downham Market crash
- Credit: Archant
Police want to trace a driver who left the scene of a crash which saw a woman suffer neck injuries on Saturday.
A green Ford Mondeo was involved in a collision with a blue Peugeot 206 outside Denver Post Office and Stores in Downham Road, Downham Market, at about 1.40pm.
The Peugeot was stationary at the time and the female driver suffered minor neck injuries as a result of the incident.
The male driver of the Mondeo - registration Y521 SBJ - initially stopped at the scene but left before exchanging details.
The car is believed to have headed in the direction of the A10.
The Mondeo will have substantial damage to the front nearside lights, bumper and bonnet and officers are keen to speak to anyone who believes they may know its whereabouts.
The man was described as white, about 5ft 6in tall, of medium build with dark brown collar length hair and wearing blue jeans and a green bomber-style jacket. He was also unshaven.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
Witnesses are asked to contact PC Keith Sainsbury at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.