Police want to trace three men seen near home of murdered Wisbech widow Una Crown
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES hunting the killer of Wisbech widow Una Crown want to trace three men who were seen near to her home on the night she is thought to have been murdered.
Police are investigating reports that the men were seen in Magazine Lane, close to Mrs Crown’s home, between about 11.30pm and 11.45pm on Saturday, January 12.
Mrs Crown’s body was discovered at her home at 10.45am on Sunday, January 13. She had not been seen since the Friday morning, but had spoken to a friend by telephone at about 5pm on the Saturday.
The 86-year-old died from stab wounds to her chest and neck. Her clothing was set on fire following her death in an apparent effort to disguise her injuries and destroy evidence.
Detective Chief Inspector Jon Hutchinson said: “We are very keen to identify these three men who were seen in the area of Magazine Lane as they may hold vital information which could help our investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
A £10,000 reward has been offered by independent charity Crimestoppers for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the murder.
Anyone with any information should call the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache