Police warn children about road safety after 12 year old is in collision with a car in Manea
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning of road dangers after a 12 year old child was in collision with a car in Manea.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “We are urging parents to ensure children not to play on or near roads following an incident in which a 12-year-old child was in collision with a car on August 23.”
The incident occurred at about 11.50am on the A141 at the junction with Manea Road.
The child was not seriously injured and no action has been taken against the driver.
However, officers are urging parents to warn their children about the dangers of the roads.
You may also want to watch:
PC John Witworth said: “We would ask parents to remind children of the dangers of playing on or near roads and the great risk of death or serious injury which can occur as a result of this behaviour.”
Anyone with any information should call 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire