Police warn Fenland teenagers over rise in recreational use of laughing gas
POLICE have warned teenagers over the recreational use of laughing gas - which they say is on the rise in the Fens.
PCSO Terry McCormack used community website ShapeYourPlace to urge the people of Wisbech to be on the lookout for the canisters of nitrous oxide.
Posting an image of one of the canisters, PCSO McCormack said: “This is a picture of a canister seized at a party. Please keep a lookout for these as it seems the teenagers in Wisbech are enjoying themselves on this laughing gas.
“It is not illegal to have and take but it is illegal to supply.
“Gas canisters have also been found in the multi-story car park where teenagers like to group.”
You may also want to watch:
Dangerous side effects of laughing gas can include damage to the brain from lack of oxygen and damage to the lips from “freezer burn” caused by excessively cold equipment.
The lungs can also be damaged from inhaling too much too soon and, PCSO McCormack warned, that the gas could cause blackouts.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car